Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my data secure?keyboard_arrow_down
- What do I do if I think my account has been compromised?keyboard_arrow_down
Please contact us as soon as you have concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What type of data do you collect?keyboard_arrow_down
Full details are in our TOS and Privacy, but in general we only collect aggregate statistics.
- Who can see the details of my simulation?keyboard_arrow_down
We have both technology and processes to ensure that only the owner can access any given simulation and its details.
- How secure is my payment information?keyboard_arrow_down
All credit card information is stored by our payment provider, Stripe, which manages payments for many companies and has industry leading security measures.
- Can DartCannon employees view details of my simulations?keyboard_arrow_down
We have policies, procedures, and technologies in place to keep anyone from viewing simulations without your expressed permission.
- If I sign up, how much email will you send?keyboard_arrow_down
- Can I get a rebate if I cancel part way through my subscription?keyboard_arrow_down
Unfortunately to avoid fraud, we are unable to offer partial refunds.
- What happens if I let my subscription lapse?keyboard_arrow_down
If your subscription expires, all of your data is preserved and can still be viewed. If you have more simulations than allowed on a free plan, you will not be able to create new ones unless you delete enough to be below the limit. Similarly, you will not be able to edit any simulation with more items than permitted by the free plan.
- Can I pay using PayPal?keyboard_arrow_down
While on our roadmap, we do not support payments through PayPal at this time.
- Can I share an account with coworkers?keyboard_arrow_down
Sharing accounts among multiple people is prohibited in our TOS and, if found, may result in account termination. If you have multiple people at your work or company who want to use DartCannon, we do offer bulk discounts and site licenses. Contact email@example.com for information.
- Can I use distributions other than triangles?keyboard_arrow_down
We plan on supporting other distribution types down the road, but at present only support triangular probabilities
- Is it possible to make the probability of a risk a range?keyboard_arrow_down
Because of how the simulation works, we do not allow probabilities to be ranges. Also, uncertainty about uncertainty adds a great deal of additional complexity in estimating that is likely not adding value.
- Aren't all estimates a waste of time?keyboard_arrow_down
Far from it! Estimates can be a valuable tool to help with decision making as long as they are interpreted and used appropriately. DartCannon exists to help make estimates valuable and capture their inherent uncertainty.
- I accidentally deleted a simulation - how can I get it back?keyboard_arrow_down
Contact support (firstname.lastname@example.org). While we do not retain any information you've requested us to delete, we often can recover inadvertently lost data from our short-term back-ups.
- I found a problem or bug - what should I do?keyboard_arrow_down
Contact support (email@example.com). While we rigorously run tests, no software is perfect and there is always the risk of something having been missed.
- I have a great idea for how DartCannon can be made better - who can I talk to?keyboard_arrow_down
Contact support (firstname.lastname@example.org). We have a long and ever growing list of improvements and are always happy to add community ideas!
- I want to delete my account and all simulationskeyboard_arrow_down
We're sorry to see you go, but we understand wanting to keep a small digital footprint. Contact email@example.com and after confirming you identity, we'll remove all your information from our systems.